Friday, March 21, 2008

Day 2 of the New Weird Order

Thanks for all of your comments on the new op'. Today will be a busy one in the old VeloNews.com barrel, but over the weekend, I'm going to try to give a little more oomph to this site's WordPress cousin, if only because Herself is working on a blogging project and requires input, no matter how defective the source (that would be me, not you, for the sensitive among the readership). Meanwhile, anonymous comments have been enabled so those of you without Google accounts can send me NastyGrams® (sorry about that oversight).

In other news, Big Brother is indeed watching; the NYT's Paul Krugman reminds us that not only have we learned nothing from Vietnam, we have forgotten the lessons of the Great Depression; Bill Richardson finally climbs down off the fence and endorses Obama; and Schlock Racing gets the extended middle digit from the Tour de Georgia, just, y'know, ’cause. There's more than you need to know on VeloNews.com for more on that one today. The barrel beckons.

Late update: Good Lord. If I wanted to work, I'd get a job. I barely managed to sneak out for a short run in Palmer Park between bouts of posting this, that and the other. The park isn't nearly as gooey as I figured it would be, but there are still plenty of squishy spots in the shade, so all you body-armored boneheads stay the hell away until things dry out. I don't wanna be tripping over your petrified tire tracks come June. Spread your spoor in Pueblo, where it was spring during winter.

4 comments:

JoeyDurango said...

O'G,

Looks good. Should make things a bit more simple for you... although I did read through the other sections of your site from time to time.

One question - do you think you'll confuse people with the prefix url, seeing as everyone is used to "maddogmedia"?

Joey

GG said...

Blog splot seems fine to me. Just let me know where to find you. Your irreverence is a service to many of us irrelevants. Thanks.

JoeyDurango said...

Me again. I like Blogspot better than Wordpress.

That is all...

Joey

G said...

blogger. word.
yours is one of the few, uh, shall we say "text-based" webpages i actually view on a daily basis, just because i know that anything new is going to be worthwhile.
it doesn't really matter to the viewing public where you post. just don't cut us off, old dog.